Monday, January 31, 2011

More progress...

So, winter in Kansas is so unpredictable. I have spent most of my time indoors. But alas, this weekend was awesome.  It began with Thursday in the upper 50's, Friday in the upper 60's, Saturday in the 50's and a pretty good Sunday, topping the 40's.  It was my calling to get some stuff done in the outdoors.

As previously mentioned, I built my greenhouse a few weeks ago. I have a goal to re-do the fence bordering my garden to make it more viewable from the house, but also to provide a little more light to the veggies I place near the fence.  I also need tables for the green house, so I had my work cut out for me.  I have a tendency to take on more than I can chew up, and with my help a little short due to a needy child, I was on my own for most of my projects. That is, until Superman (Zach) showed up to offer his assistance. I tell you, I can't get much done with out his help. BIG THANKS to Mr. Zach for his brute and strength. I am grateful.

I tackled the fence right away, and got 2/3 of it updated to the new picket style. I'll post pics as soon as I can.  Zach and I built the frames to my new 10 foot long tables.  I just need to add a bit more leg support, and top them.  So, things are getting closer to being ready to grow. We just have to get this weather a bit more steady.  Forecast is for temps in the teens, with ice and snow in the near future.  So, more indoor projects are in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment